15.10.14

Dream Night Abroad in Barcelona (Outfit, Food,...)


"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." 
    - St. Augustine
I love to travel as I love to get to know new cultures and to get inspired by all the new impressions. Thus, I was really excited when Smartling - an online translation technology company  - asked me to be a part in their project "Dream Night Abroad" in which I tell how my dream night would look like, what I eat, wear and how I deal with the different language.

My destination for my dream night would be Barcelona. Barcelona is such a beautiful city combining beach and city, old buildings and new postmodern architecture and the Catalan flair. I would start my perfect day with visiting La Sagrada Familia, followed by a relaxed walk through the city and their parcs. Then I would stop at the Boqueria Market for a snack.
+


In the evening, I would walk through the beautiful historical old town with its fantastic architecture. Then I will have a beautiful dinner at one of the lovely restaurants in El Born and will have a cocktail, or two, in a bar with good music at the beach. I would finish my day with taking a long and really relaxing walk along the beach with my best friend or beloved one. 

This would be my outfit for the night:



Blouse - Mango
Leather Biker trousers - Zara
High Heels - Buffalo
Bag - Mango
Leatherjacket - Esprit

The Spanish Mediterranean food tastes absolutely amazing, so to find something to eat would be no problem for me. I would love to have a fresh fruit juice and some empanadas in the Boqueria Market. At the restaurant I would go for a great paella with a good red wine from the region and a Crema Catalana for dessert.

I actually can't speak Spanish. However, the different languages wouldn't be a problem for me. I would learn basic sentences beforehand and also take a dictionary with me. The best thing is not be afraid of talking to native speakers. That's the best and easiest way to learn the language. If I would receive any longer texts that I need to understand, I would use a translation program, such as Smartling, in order to understand them. 

This would be my dream night in Barcelona. How would your dream night look like and where would you like to stay?

All the best,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...