14.3.13

Catrice Prime And Fine - Review & Swatches

  
Today I want to review the Catrice Prime And Fine Smoothing Refiner which I bought about two months ago, so I am ready to share my thoughts with you. The primer costs 4,99€ contains 14g and lasts 12 months.


Packaging
This is a really elegant, simple and classic design. The base is in a beautiful transparent plastic jar which looks like glass and a black plastic lid with silver font. The jar closes really good, thus, the products doesn't dry out.

Description of the producer
"CATRICE presents Prime and Fine – the new range of professional products for an excellent foundation. Ideal preparation: the Smoothing Refiner. The oil-free silicone-based primer practically makes pores disappear and fills out wrinkles for a smooth, refined complexion. Now you’re ready for your grand entry! Comes in a high-quality jar."


Consistency
The primer is more sticky and solid. However, with the body temperature the product melds and can be blend into the skin perfectly.
Colour
white, slightly rosy

Smell
The product smells nearly like nothing, however, I can smell a whiff of chemicals which are probably the silicons in the products.

Forehead without the primer 
   
Forehead with the primer
Nose without the primer 

Nose with the primer
Application
I use this product after my moisturizer but before I apply my foundation. I take about two fingertips of the products for my whole face, but I concentrate it on the areas where I intend to have larger pores and intend to produce more oil during the day.

Positiv
The product does mattify skin and prevents from producing too much oil for about 10 hours. During the day your skin will still produce oil, but moderately and not in the same intensity as I was used to. Also, this product refined my pores and lines as you can see in the picture above. Consequently, my foundation looks a lot more flawless at the end.

Negativ
I have got the feeling that the skin doesn't absorb the products completely. It seems to sit more on the skin. Thus, when you rub over the skin too often, it starts to crumble so that you have little crumbles all over the face.

Conclusion
I think the product prevents your skin from producing too much oil and refines the lines by sitting on the skin. Even though I don't like the crumbles on the face, I think that they are avoidable by quickly applying the product on the face. Also, I don't mind this feeling on the skin when the primer is more sitting on top of the skin. Additionally, the result of the product is absolutely amazing and I think that this is for a drugstore products and for the price really good.

★★★★☆ Stars


Hope you found this post helpful! What do you think about primers?

All the best,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...