18.2.13

My Famous Thai Lemon Red Chicken Curry!


Hello everybody!

Yesterday I cooked dinner for my whole family and that can be quite tricky because every one has got other preferences or food that he absolutely hates. However, I cooked an incredible delicious Thai Lemon Red Chicken Curry that is a light and healthy dinner because of all the vegetables. And even though this recipe contains so many veggies, the men ate it because it was so super tasty :) Of course, the choice of vegetable is variable, I just add the ones that my family likes, so let's get started.


Ingredients for 4 portions:

600 g
turkey breast, cutted into strips
1-2 large
garlic gloves, finely chopped
1 piece (3 cm, 1 inch)
ginger
½ 
lemon, juice and skin
2 tsp
soy sauce
2 tsp
Sambal Oelek
4 tbsp
vegetable stock
2
1 tin (400g) 
courgettes
chinese vegetables
cayenne pepper
oil

Instruction:

1. Chop all the vegetables in small pieces. Here I quartered two courgettes.
2. Wash and drain the asian vegetables.
3. Chop approx. 3 cm / 1 inch of ginger into really small pieces. Add two garlic gloves and press them through a garlic press. You can also go for one garlic glove and a few spring onions.
4. Chop 600g of turkey breast into strips.

5. Heat the wok with some oil. Fry the chicken until it is well done and season with salt and pepper.
6. Add all the vegetables, the garlic and ginger and fry everything for another minute.
7. Now there comes my favourite part - the sauce. I do most of it based on my feelings but add about 2 tsp of soy sauce, 2 tsp of sambal oelek, 4 tbsp of vegetable stock and the juice and skin of half of an lemon. For the extra spice you can add a bit of cayenne pepper. Steam it at medium head for 10 minutes.

And then you are done. I served it with some basic white rice, but can also go for brown rice or wild rice. It was super delicious, because it had the perfect intensity of spice and some depth and variety in its  flavours with the lemon, the ginger and the sambal oelek. All family members really liked this meal and the whole process took me maybe 30 minutes. 

So I hope you liked this recipe and hope that you will try this. Let me know whether you like Asian food!

Wish you a wonderful day! Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...