14.1.13

Apple Cranberry Crisp Recipe!

Hello everybody!
Apple Cranberry Crisp or Crumble had been praised for being so delicious but I never had the time and idea to do that for my own and to be honest, I have never eaten something like this before. Then I recently saw a video by MissChievous and because I had a lot of old apples and I thought this is perfect for the colder christmas time, I made this crumble today. Without a joke, it was the best dessert I have eaten for a really long time. Sour, moist, fruity and spicy, sweet at the same time! 

 

Recipe


Fruit:
4-5 peeled, cored and sliced apples
1 package fresh Cranberries (about 340g or 12oz)
1/2 cup white sugar (100g)
Juice of half a lemon to prevent oxidizing
Cinnamon
Ground cloves
Ground nutmeg

Mix everything together in a deep casserole dish. Make sure to use a lot of fruit, your dish should be filled to the top before you spread the crumble on top.

Crumble: 
1/2 cup quick oats (65g)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (65g)
3/4 cup brown sugar (160g)
1/2 cup unsalted butter (113g)
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Tblsp. pure vanilla extract

Mix all the dry ingredients together, then drop in chunks of butter and the vanilla. Mix together until it's nice and crumbly. If it's too soft, add a bit more flour and oats.

Crumble the mixture on top of the fruits, then bake at 375 F / 190 C for 55 mins. The crumble mixture should be slightly browned. Serve hot with ice cream or whipping cream.
 

My whole family loved this dessert and really enjoyed eating it even though they are normally really picky with my cooking. Thus, I can highly recommend trying this out!
I think, this is also a great dessert for christmas and I even think about making this for one of the evening with my family.

Comment below whether you have ever eaten apple crumble or am I the only weirdo? 

Wish you a wonderful day! Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...