26.7.12

Tone It Up Protein Pancake

 


  
Tone It Up is a famous youtube fitness channel that consists of Karena and Katrina who give everyone workouts, health advice and food recipes for free. One of these recipes are the Protein Pancakes which I tried out today. It is a healthy version for the usual pancake.


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/4 cup egg whites
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (organic brown rice protein or whey)- visit your local nutrition store or wholefoods!
  • 2 tbs vanilla almond milk or skim
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbs ground flaxseed
  • After above ingredients are mixed together add 1/2 banana (mashed)- mash first, then add!!
  • Add a handful of fresh or frozen blueberries
Instead of protein powder I just used ordinary flour and because I didn't have blueberries I used a general berry mix. Finish with pinch of cinnamon and sugar and you're done.

I don't say this now because I really love these girls, but I absolutely loved this pancake. It doesn't contain any extra sugar, but the banana gives this pancake the extra flavour and sweetens the pancake enough. Also, the blueberries add something fresh to this pancake. So I can only recommend trying this pancake!

Do you know Tone It Up and have you ever tried out their recipes?

Wish you a wonderful day!
Lots of love,

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Thinking of making protein pancakes for breakfast tomorrow. I don't get the whole 'egg white and no yoke' thing - I hate to waste food! So I'll be using a couple of eggs and then there's extra protein. :)

    x Olivia
    www.theblackpeony.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. I don't understand this egg white thing either. I also can't stop thinking about what is happing with the yolk when I put it in the sink :) In my opinion, with a normal and healthy diet we even eat enough protein, so that these protein powders are a waste of money! You def have to do pancakes tomorrow! You'll love it! ;)

      xx Marie

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...