14.6.12

3 Simple Steps To Cure Acne

Acne is awful and can limits yourself not only physical but also psychological. When I had my huge break outs I didn't have any self confidence and was even afraid to go to school on some days. However, I got my acne under control! 
Even though I still sometimes get a few pimples, it isn't comparable with my situation before that and with these 3 easy steps you can get the control of your acne too!

The basic routine of getting rid of acne consists of 3 steps:


1. Wash you face twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening, with a gentle cleanser! Take about a size of a walnut of cleanser and massage it gently on your face concentrating on the areas where you produce the most oil. Left it there for a minute so that your pores can absorb the cleanser, then rinse it of with lukewarm water. Lastly, spread a bit of cold water over your face to close the pores. Dry your face by dabbing over your face with a clean towel.

2. Apply a cream that contains oxides before going to bed. There a lot of creams who contain the ingredient benzoyl peroxide as for example the OXY Spot Treatment. The creams come in different percentages of benzoyl peroxide: 2%, 5% and 10%. I would suggest starting with the lowest one and working yourself to the top. The benzoyl peroxide is really aggressive to your skin, but it will oxidise the surface of your skin away and destroy the bacteria in the pimples. Make sure that you wash your hands after using the cream because it can have some serious reactions by touching e.g. your eyes! The amount of product depends on the amount of acne you have. Generally speaking, I would say that one whole finger of the creme is enough for the whole cheeks full of acne.



3. Use a moisturizer that suits to your skin type. I saw a lot of people who get pimples just by using the wrong moisturizer! When you have oily/acne prone skin then do not use a moisturizer that contains oil and pay attention that the product says "for oily/acne prone skin" or at least "for all skin types". Even though a lot of people say oily skin doesn't need any moisturizer, I made the experience that my skin produces less oil when I give it enough hydrations over night. Therefore, apply a richer moisturizer over night and a lighter one based on water during the day.

Once you got your acne under control you can reduce the amount of OXY Spot Treatment. Nevertheless, I still use this treatment about every 4th day because my skin would definitely break out agin if I didn't apply this cream.

What do you have got for tips for curing acne?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...